Each year, Albizu University welcomes transfer students from other higher education institutions. We accept applications from students transferring from postsecondary institutions accredited by a regional or national accrediting association recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
We recognize that the needs of transfer students may differ from those of first-year students and will work with you to make the transition as seamless as possible. Our admissions counselors are available to assist you with the process. Please see the “How to Apply” section of this site for more information.
Along with your application for admission, submit your official academic transcripts from all colleges or universities you have attended. High school students who completed Advanced Placement courses must also submit their College Board transcripts.
The faculty of your degree program of choice will review your submitted application. The program’s director will also evaluate your transcript(s) and inform the Admissions Office of the credits accepted for transfer.
Undergraduates: If you are applying to an AU undergraduate program, we will allow you to transfer up to a maximum of 90 credits.
Graduate students: If you are applying to an AU graduate program, you may request the transfer of courses that meet the following criteria:
- Completed at accredited colleges and universities
- Completed with a grade of “A” or “B”
- Completed within five (5) years prior to the date of application to the AU program
- Classified as non-clinical courses
- Approved by the academic program director up to the maximum allowable as listed in the Albizu University Academic Catalog
- Payment received for transfer-of-credits fee as specified in the “Tuition and Fees” section of the Albizu University Academic Catalog
Note: There is no time limit for transfer of credits from completed programs with degrees granted at AU or other accredited institutions.
We encourage you to consider Albizu University as your next academic home and invite you to learn more about our faculty and academic programs.